It is our Policy that if an individual patient or their dependents does not turn up for their appointment or if they cancel with less than 6 hours notice prior to the appointment time will be required to pay a non-attendance fee of $87.00 (cost of a standard Consultation Fee).
To avoid this policy coming into effect for you/your family, please ring the practice on 07 4633 9000 to cancel any future appointments you are unable to attend with at least 6 hours notice.
A missed appointment presents problems for us both. For patients, a missed appointment causes a delay in treatment that was recommended to help improve your health.
For GPs on Curzon, a missed appointment prevents us from scheduling another patient that could benefit from treatment. We schedule individual time with each patient to allow us to deliver the quality and personal care that every patient deserves.
GPs on Curzon confirms all appointments through a phone call or SMS the day before appointments to avoid non-attendance.
New Patient Bookings
IMPORTANT: We do ask that you not book your appointment unless you are certain you are able to attend. A deposit of $50 is required to secure your New Patient booking and will be forfeited if you cancel or reschedule with 24hrs of your appointment time.
For these reasons, we ask that you commit in advance to your appointment by paying a $50 deposit at the time of booking. This payment:
- Will be deducted from the total cost of your appointment or procedure on the day.
- Will not be refunded if you later cancel the appointment (including by rescheduling), unless it is:
- in circumstances outside of your reasonable control, such as a natural disaster or medical emergency; or
- if the cancellation of the appointment occurs outside of the 24hrs notice that is to be given.
- Will not be applied to a rescheduled booking (i.e., a further deposit will be required).
By booking your appointment and paying the deposit, you agree to the terms of this policy.