Healthy eating is something we’re all capable of, it’s a choice that has many known benefits. By following some simple guidelines, you can prevent disease and put yourself on the path to a healthier lifestyle.
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Choose a balanced nutritious diet
- Drink plenty of water
- Reduce your intake of alcohol, saturated fats, added sugars and salt
- Get up and start moving, be active
- Prepare and store food carefully
To help get you to get started it’s important to know the five food groups; vegetables, fruit, grains or cereal, meats, dairy or alternatives but sometimes it’s hard to take the first step, if that’s you, make an appointment and speak with your GP.