Heart Health, Toowoomba
Heart Health Check, Toowoomba
A regular heart check for a healthy life.
Our Clinic is dedicated to providing excellence in the screening and treatment of heart conditions and cardiovascular problems. We are a leading medical service provider serving patients across Toowoomba and beyond. Our group of highly experienced GPs and nurses have a special interest in your heart health.
A Brilliant Initiative
Our nurse, Di, speaks with Matt St Ledger at the Australian Primary Health Care Nurses Association (APNA) about a “brilliant initiative which ensures coordinated care for patients with coronary heart disease within the [Toowoomba] community.”
Heart Health Assessment
We believe going for a regular heart health assessment can make a critical difference to your quality of life.
Our GPs will conduct a 20 minutes assessment to help understand your heart health and identify if you have any risks of heart attack or stroke. You will be aware of your risks and our doctors and nurses can support you to lower the risks.
To learn more about heart diseases or your risk of having a stroke, click here.
Looking after yourself is essential for a healthy heart
- Always visit your medical providers regularly for a heart assessment
- If you are 45 and above, an annual heart health risk assessment is recommended.
- Concentrate on your health to maintain normal blood glucose levels, blood pressure and bodyweight .
- A balanced healthy diet is essential with reduction in fast and processed foods.
- Get active, move more and regularly exercise.
- Reduce sugary and salty food, aerated drinks and alcohol.
- Quitting to smoke is very healthy and will halve your risk of suffering from a heart attack or stroke.
Our Doctor with a special interest in heart health care
To book your heart health assessment today
Heart Health Assessment FAQs
Approximately 30-45 mins (including electrocardiogram, height, weight, blood pressure).
Up to $177 with medicare rebate of up to $102.50
Your doctor will advise you on the next steps for management or further investigation or specialist referral.
Yes, but we suggest you see your regular doctor for this if possible.
It is likely you will need a follow up after having a fasting cholesterol and blood glucose test.